Monday, March 15, 2010

Job Vacancies


I feel like everyone is making me choose between the ozone layer and cheese spray can if you catch the drift ( ̄へ ̄)

Hey guys~! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Yeap! as the titled above, I'm now looking for work that pays to keep me afloat for now. I mean, I'm practically leeching off poor Saku everytime we go out (sorry saku ;;; )

Weellll~ In actual fact, after I quit my part-time at the bookstore I approached a few local publishers with my comic works (mainly Gempak and such) and after a few back and forth emails, they stopped replying. And after officially 12 days of waiting, I've decided it's a good time to start searching somewhere else ヽ(・∀・ )ノ

Now, I'm sure most of you reading would just say "well just get a part time at McDs or something." but the fact is, I don't want a job just for money. If I can, I'd like one that can give me experience where my drawings are concerned. Even a part-time at a Printing Shop would do.

But my dad told me to try approach a few more local publishers before I resort to anything else than comic drawing as my main income grabber. But unfortunately, I don't know any other local publishers that'd accept manga styled comics. ( ゚▽゚)/

So I'd really appreciate any insights that you guys can give me right now. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. hmm. i saw this magazine this morning http://www.karangkraf.com/e-majalah/g3/default.asp

    it's more of an "Apo" "ujang-ish" magazine but some artists in there got sliiiight anime-ish faces but nothing more. >_>; Should have other publishers of mags based on anime style, if i see anymore i'll letchu kno~

    ReplyDelete
  2. owh.. I've never heard of this one before. Thanks Iwashi~! ;w; it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex-kun wonders what became of comicfactory. . .

    Rere-buu cooould try contacting overseas publishers like Del-Rey and such?

    And if there are competitions for manga with a chance of being published,then Rere-buu can try entering those as well.P:

    ETA: Alex-kun didn't realize the word "local" before "publishers".OTL OTL OTL

    ReplyDelete
  4. comic factory disbanded after 3 months LAWL 8D;; they didn't last too long.

    yeah I'm gong to target Del-Rey as well but I need something that can bring in cash now X"D

    pfft it's okay hun ;D thanks for the suggestions <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. erm there are others like kiddies magazine such as "Majalah Kawan" by Utusan, i think got not-so-good-anime-style in there~

    There's another similar one called "KomikHouse" (got anime style hints but hmm) but no website O_o only got alamat and phone number no email summore OTL

    Ask the printer shop guy if got vacancy? ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  6. ;;;; saaa.... kalau kerja at the printer shop, it'll be a transport problem is one. the other would be that the printer shop guy only wants part timers at busy times (usually big cons). if normal days, he don't want to hire part timers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ZOMG GERARD DRACULA BUTLER OAO

    Ehto... Should we consider making OEL manga for publishers like Tokyopop or something even though I'll be missing soon..? ;;;;

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESH HE LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS THAT CHEESE IN A SPRAY CAN.

    a collab with you? anytime bby ;D srsly though. I think once you settle in with your new school and all, we see how your schedule goes an we work around it.

    If we're going to collab we're gonna have to be very organized about it >"3 But I'm up for it anytime you are <3

    ReplyDelete