Friday, March 19, 2010

The End of an Amazing Musician

I am literally tongue-tied out of words at this news that I just saw on my friend, Ifa's blog....

The great Seba Jun or better known as "Nujabes" by anime and music fans alike for his one-of-a-kind contributions for hit anime, "Samurai Champloo" has passed away last February from a car accident in Tokyo. He wasn't a very public man, so his death was only announced yesterday, March 18th 2010.

At the age of 36 when he passed, Nujabes was founder of Hydeout Productions and the proud owner of two Record Stores in Tokyo; Guiness Records & T Records.

Truth to be told, to have such an inspiring artist leave the face of music forever really impacts me in a way. I first heard his works when I was into "Samurai Champloo" where he provided the soundtrack and it was the first time I was interested in Hip-Hop so I dwelled further into his works. So to me, he is without the doubt the first artist that made Hip-Hop attractive to me and up till today, some of the only Hip-Hop Artists that I can listen to over and over again.

Life is too short for some and one of them is Mr. Nujabes. Rest in Peace and Thank You for inspiring us and future generations with your music. A moment of silence now.

2 comments: