Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Death by The Lens and Tablet Pens


After a whole day marathon of the whole 24 episodes of the 2005 hit anime by Gonzo, Speed Grapher, (something has to keep me awake when I'm doing 1 week's worth of laundry lawl) it wasn't really the story nor the animation that really snatched my interest but rather the character designs and ending song artworks that did.

The Artworks and Designs were done by Mangaka and Illustrator, Kozaki Yusuke who was, at the time rising through the anime and manga industry scenes and little is known about him till today. (Well maybe except the fact that he owns a Small Dog and a Cat at his apartment haha).

His first Artbook, titled "Shutter Kill" was released on January 2007, two years after the release of the hit anime. The artbook contains 114 pages, 32 colors, A4 sized with soft cover along with the colorful and lush colored illustrations and designs he did for Speed Grapher.

Following the success with "Shutter Kill", Kozaki-sensei also released a compilation artbook on June of 2008, of all his artworks done in various series including Kyoko Karasuma the Detective of Asakusa Police Department, Speed Grapher, The Digital Anthem, just to name a few. The artbook, titled "KYMG - Kozaki Yusuke Illustrations" was received well by his fans and put him amongst other revered illustrators in the industry.

I would order it if I knew how to work online international orders and apparently the scans are really hard to find. (_ _|||) But looking at his illustrations makes me want to give Digital Art another go. I have a flair at failing where Digital Art is concerned and even now, my traditional art leaves me in question. Looking at my peers who can whip up awesome art works with Digital Media in a matter of hours often leaves me in question about my own skills and self-worth where art is concerned.

Anyways! enough of ranting, here are a few previews I found online on various sites of the Artbook <3>
The cover of Shutter Kill.

Art for Speed Grapher. I love his strokes and color choices.

yes you lolicons. the book is filled with 15 - 16 year old girls in school uniforms ;9

grah!! I WANTS *A*/


I love how he creates an atmosphere through his pictures... Like this one really oozes of the tenderness and feelings between the two characters. (IMHO)

I could go on and on about his art as you can see haha.

GRAH! posting up the previews makes me want to get the 2 books even more! Not to mention makes me re-evaluate my art learning (and maybe even make me feel like chopping off my own hands haha). I think I'll check at Kinokuniya in KLCC to see if it's possible to order it.

I notice I've been doing alot of image heavy posts (sorry guys =3=;; ) so I'll be sure to tone done image heavy posts in the future haha.

Till next time, take care~!

6 comments:

  1. lalalala.

    Awesome art, those (l'o'l) Ganbare with the digital art da yo, i kno u can do eeeeet (´∀`)

    ReplyDelete
  2. deshou? I'm really addicted to Kozaki-sensei's stuff now. I WANT THE ARTBOOK T3T

    sankyu, iwashi :3 means alot to me *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try amazon (though I haven't bought anything from there before XDD;)

    Ah, yeshu. Have you checked Kinokunia? They have everything and they make it a point to stock up books (unlike Borders and MPH that only stock up frequently purchased books). My sister-in-law found books she couldn't find elsewhere *A*

    ReplyDelete
  4. *A* owhhh amazon... paypal bby

    I haven't had the chance to check out Kino ;w; though it's quite an old book so I hope they still produce em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can go there and order I think *A*

    ReplyDelete
  6. *____* g-good idea~ will do that the next time i go lawl. (Whenever that might be lawl)

    ReplyDelete