Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Everything's Going to Be Alright


Well I thought what the heck, might as well keep the ball rolling while I have something to blog about. (● ̄▽ ̄●)

I'm sure everyone around the world has heard of the church arsonists here in Malaysia a couple of months back that nearly shook the nation of it's core. I'm not a very politically aware (so per say) person as I find it hard to keep my spirits up if I dwell too much in such avenues like politics and I like to keep my head up in my daily life, but I do keep up with the times. And of course, something as big as the church arson(s) is something even I can't escape from hearing about.

But as big as the headlines about the arson were also the article about a group of youths, from all walks of life that gathered at the heart of the nation the day after the disheartening events to pass out flowers to the community. Carrying the banners and signs with the words, "Everything's Gonna be Alright" at the Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, the youths were also joined by various figures from our local community like
social activist Datuk Paduka Marina Mahathir and Independent filmmaker Chi Too, who initiated what the STAR newspaper dubbed "the goodwill gesture".

Inspired and touched by these youths' courage, determination and act of what I would dub chivalry, I did the piece above in commemoration of their actions despite what some of the "adults" have done due to the fact of ignorance of one of the most important values in life; Love Without Prejudice. I hope more and more youths these days will strive to make a difference in others because as the books I've read have endlessly say; "The only Rent we have to pay for Living on this Earth is our deeds to others."

Those who participated at Bukit Bintang, you have my utmost admiration and support. To inspire and spread to the younger generation about peace and Goodwill at such trying times is all Malaysia needs to rise stronger than ever. Thank you for reminding everyone that even handing out flowers to total strangers can remind us all of such simplicity in Life; Making a Difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment