Wednesday, January 19, 2011

my fate...

haha this pic cracks me up everytime 8D

Heyyyyyyy ~~~ヾ(^∇^)

well, minor minor updates ♥ anyways, as most who has been up to date with my current plans, I have applied into the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in Singapore not too long ago for enrollment in this year. After surveying and alot of Colleges and Universities in and out of the country and weighing the price of living and whatnot, I've decided on Nanyang for several reasons:

1) It's not too far from home.
So if there was an emergency and my family needed me, it wouldn't be that much of a hassle to get back home.

2) It's reputation.
Nanyang has had one of the most impressive reputations for Art Colleges in the South East region so why not!

3) but most of all; It's facilities for the 2D Animation Department is ASTOUNDING!
I don't think I can find any other College with this much facility in 2D Animation with the price it's offering! ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!! The rest around this price is offering more towards 3D and this is like a once in a lifetime thing so OH YES BABY HIT JACKPOT YEAH. yes. 2D Animation is my second biggest passion other than Seiyuu and Manga haha.

But there's a catch; I have to pass their entrance exam. Yeap. they have one. Well the school isn't too big and I guess with the huge amount of applicants coming in every year, they had to have a way to filter the applicants.

But I'm extremely nervous to say the least. In fact I think I'd be decaffeinating bricks any moment now. o(>< )o o( ><)oジタバタ I've never had my art evaluated in such a manner and neither had I had classes in art. So I'm pretty worried if I'd even be on par on the normal standard other applicants would've receive.

Neither have I been frequent in competitions either. The last time I was in an art related competition was a Junior Manga Competition and I merely got an "honorable" mention for "Best" concept. But that was highly due to the fact that I was the only 1 of 2 contestants out of 500+ contestants that submitted a shounen piece. But that story is for another day haha.

If you're wondering when the entrance exam is, take a wild guess ( ゚▽゚)/

...........it's this coming Sunday.

HAHAOMG. I just feel like running in a hole somewhere haha. My hand trembles everytime I think about it, BUT!!!

I want this. really bad. I believe, by getting through and entering Nanyang, I can renew myself with the knowledge and new environment. It's a chance for me to really strive and focus solely my passion. I really want this, I mean to the point I can't imagine what I'll do if I don't pass. So I'm just gonna keep my chin up and do my best!! 八(^□^*) タノム I hope I make it through! I've been practicing with my sketches everyday, so hopefully it'll pay off. Wish me luck guys!!(*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)

on the other hand, to keep myself relaxed, I stumbled upon the PERFECT therapeutic tool when I'm, stressed out or doing work. ♪(ノ´∀`*)ノ



TADAAAAAAAAAAA! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!!
the ultimate Hanaji fangirlism tool; Hitsuji de Oyasumi CD Collections!!☆

I stumbled across this ultimate relaxation tool whilst browsing through a few Otome Review Blogs and I think this is made of PURE GENIUS. Why and what actually is this you ask? Let me tell you hoho. (*≧▽≦)♪

The Hitsuji de Oyasumi Series is a series of CDs compromising of famous seiyuus (mostly male), counting sheeps (YES. SHEEPS.) To aid you to sleep better! How cool is that! I was very excited after hearing about it and was even more ecstatic to the fact that the first volume is of my two biggest seiyuu hero/crush to date; Akira Ishida and Hoshi Soichiro. I mean, these guys are responsible for making me so interested in seiyuu in the first place!! To have them actually lull me to sleep whilst counting sheep in the most SEXIEST of ways? AWESOME.

And not to mention, in between the 150th and 200th sheep, the seiyuu responsible of counting will ask if the listener is still awake and according to the type of character played, he will either tease, or tell you sleep soon. Where Akira Ishida is concerned, he played the yasashii character so he kept on counting even if the listener was awake, commenting that she tried her best in sleeping so praised he for it haha. But oh my lord, his voice was...........MAGNIFICENT to say the least.(*≧▽≦)♪

So far they've had an amazing cast joining in the fun including Daisuke Ono, Hiroshi Kamiya, Hikaru Midorikawa, Fukuyama Jun, Mamoru Miyano and many more!!

I haven't tried it when sleeping but I will try it later. So far it's never failed to relax me haha. I'm replaying it over and over and it actually helps me focus more! (゚ー゚)(。_。)ウンウン Supposedly it's a sleeping aid but so far all the reviewers often comment that with such sexy voices, they ended up rolling in a pool of nosebleed rather than sleep haha!

This will definitely be on my list of things to buy if my trip to go to Japan comes through at the end of the year. O(≧∇≦)O I'm a firm believer of supporting original goods so I always buy the original goods once I have the money especially if I download. It's important to support the people that inspire me daily! So JAPAN, HERE I COME ☆

Anyways, wish me luck guys!! I'm gonna do my best and think positive for the Entrance Exam and hopefully I'll be updating here in February with AWESOME news!! O(≧∇≦)O がんばります!ファイト・・・・・・・・オオオオ!

7 comments:

  1. haha, this reminds me of my entrance exams, doing the portfolio up to the last minute, being late, nervous, etcetc, but if you believe it will turn out great, then it will!! [strike] just look at me [/strike]

    do you have any idea what it will look like? The exam, I mean?8D anything I can help with?
    Best advice I can give you is probably: stay cool! No matter what! There's no need to worry, what happens, happens! Do your best and everything else will follow<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. and of course, GOOD LUCK, YOU CAN DO IT \(≧∇≦)/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8D ha thanks babe <3 I'll do that~!! hopefully I'm as good as you o3o;;

    well mine is only one paper for 3 hours. ;__;

    this was what they wrote in the email:

    Paper 1 (3 hours): Strength in creative thinking
    Ability to conceptualise your drawings
    Ability to rationalise your design

    Please bring along these materials for the
    Admission Test:

     Any type of drawing/colouring materials, eg. 2B pencils, colour pencils, water colour, poster colour, markers, etc
     Scissors, cutter, ruler (12 inches), glue, eraser and at least 3 copies of old magazines
     Blue / black pens and pencils
     1 ruler (30cm or 12”)
     T-Square and drawing board (optional)
    -------------

    I have no idea what a T-Square is but i think my sis said it was a ruler of a sort ;__;

    anyways, they say that they'll give us 2 sets of words and we were to choose a set from each and conceptualize them. like if they give us "White Dove" we're suppose to expand from those and all.

    ;____; I've never done that before LAWL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://j.mp/h6RdrC <- this type of a ruler, it looks like a T~ we usually use those for cutting stuff because you can fit the shorter part against a table and it's usually metal so it's sturdy XD;
    or we just pretend it's a sword/hammer and run around like dorks with it.... o-o;

    the assignment sounds interesting, but it also might be slightly difficult because it relies on creative thinking. [ours was mostly: draw what you see in front of you x4; write exam on art history; oral exam]
    Well, if you don't panic, you should be able to do it well! So, stay cool! 8D

    I guess, start by thinking of what those words represent, or what they're associated with, in symbolic terms or something like that.. Do an interpretation/associations, then take it for a spin and push it as far as you can? 3 hours isn't long, but pressure can do wonders 8D;;; Sketch/draft on the side so it's easier to visualize, and calmly write[?] stuff down from beginning to an end, be coherent XD

    idk, this sounds so obvious, sorry XD;; I can try and look for a few links of short animations that can give you some inspiration at least?

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh what a sexy selection of seiyuus. I'll look forward getting it from yew lolol :P

    Symbolism ka...I'll honestly say I dunno much about it lawl. TwT ganbatte ne, tell me if there's anything I can help with.

    I want this. really bad. I believe, by getting through and entering Nanyang, I can renew myself with the knowledge and new environment. It's a chance for me to really strive and focus solely my passion. I really want this, I mean to the point I can't imagine what I'll do if I don't pass. <--I went through that a few years back orz. I really really hope you get in >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chibi@ OWH. okay i think i know this one @@;; I think I've seen my dad using it for his architecture drawings and stuff. (why didn't I think of image googling it? LAWL ;; thanks babe)

    em! @__@;; i think I should take it for a spin yeah. thanks hun! those are very useful tips!! 8D

    ih I wouldn't trouble you any further, you've given me extremely useful tips~ 8D I'll research further for videos and all. THANKS BBY. I LIKE. LUBE YEW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. iwashi@ haha apparently there's ALOT. 8D;; so I only have a few. but I have Nakai Takaya one and Daisuke Ono one lawl. not to mention Akira Ishida's one so I'll pass to you later ;D

    haha thanks babe ;w; I'll do my best! gotta think positive and just charge in head first!! >8D

    ReplyDelete