Saturday, September 11, 2010

Practice makes perfect


CG practice. Lineart NOT mine. MACCO (c) respectively.

after my long abandoned hope for CG style of coloring determination these past years, I decided to give it another shot. Partly inspired by my fellow peers after signing up at Pixiv, I downloaded the program SAI and decided to dig up for some linearts in my reference folders (since I do everything traditionally and I don't photostat them anymore, I don't have linearts of my own to kill) and stumbled upon the awesome MACCO's lineart of Hatsune Miku and Rin. Check out MACCO's awesome gallery at Pixiv here.

So far it's hardly progress and was experimenting with more of a cellshading thing but...... I dunno :"/ I find my color selection to be too dull for the skin.... it's not "popping" enough for me. And I'm kinda having trouble with maintaining a paint style for the eyes. But I guess nothing is achieved overnight or with just one try so I'll do my best to increase practice time. ( ̄ε ̄ ;)

Anyways hope you guys are spending your Eid celebration happily and safetly!! :D Can't wait to see my girls when I get back to KL. <3

4 comments:

  1. Oh hey dearie, the CG looks great so far 8D definitely better than mine lawl. GANBAREEEE 8D hurrrr trying to do as much as possible for the art orz. I CANT WAIT TO SEE U TOO BEBEH TAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. lawl thanks T3T I'm sure yours looks awesome sauce too~! :DDD
    em! Ganbaremashou ne! :DD Can't wait to see you too <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually mine looks a bit...urgh. =_= plus im wasting a lot of time on cleaning up the colours cause i chose the wrong colour a few times orz;;; ganbarimasshou 8D

    ReplyDelete
  4. em em! same here TwT i guess its just trial and error.

    ReplyDelete