Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kitty Cat Charms


*Credit of the photo book photos to their rightful owners. Found mos
t of them through Image Google since my camera and phone camera are giving me probs lawl. ( -- ε -- ;)

Cover of the book that has brought me joy just by flipping through the pages.

Books have always been a huge part of my life and continue to play such a role even today. I used to occupy my childhood days with reading encyclopedias as long as I'm not out causing mischief. My first passion were animals and in the 3rd grade I aspired to be a veterinarian and I often read books and drew animals as a way to express it. And my supporting parents made sure I was often surrounded by pets to practice and expose myself to them at a young age.

Though as soon as I hit 12 years old, my passion and aspirations changed altogether with the appearance of Manga in my life and soon abandoned my veterinarian ambition for ink, paper and adventure stories. My aspirations have took a different turn but my love for animals remains, especially for cats.

Ever since my passion for Manga kicked off, I cease to buy books that are not drawing or Manga related (with the exception of Self Motivation books since I can't function without them), and yesterday I broke my 7 year record by purchasing a Rachael Hale Photobook titled "101 Cataclysms: For the Love of Cats" for a whopping RM16.90 bargain only. I fell in love with the first turn of the page and immediately proceeded to the counter for payment.

Rachael Hale is best known as an animal potrait photographer and looking through the pages, I can see why. 101 Cataclysms is not simply a cat photo book filled with cute cat pictures, but rather their artistic beauty and character as well. Her ability to make the cat look Angelic or Cheeky or even Sensuous astounded me. It has even inspired my parents and me to go out looking for a kitten of our own today!

Anyways enough with me rambling, here are some previews of the book. I fully recommend this book if you see it anywhere in bookstores. (I bought mine in Borders MidValley Gardens). Especially to all cat lovers and enthusiasts out there! Enjoy!

The cheeky Scottish Earfold Kitten, Merlin dozing off after a play day with his wizard's hat.

The feisty 11 year old Birman Cross, Saasha. This is one of my favourite in the entire collection.

2 year old Ragdoll Cross, Honey portrayed her namesake with this shot with bees. Ms. Hale picked out bees that died naturally in the hive and use adhesive to attach it to Honey's fur. I love reading the notes about each photograph.

A cute shot of 2 year old Domestic Shorthair, Guiness, who according to Ms. Hale was incredibly tolerant of having his vision temporarily obscured with his beanie.

A characteristic potrait of Charlotte, 8 year old Red Self Persian. Despite her snotty image portrayed above, Ms Hale describe her as "A fluffy bundle of cuddles and cat kisses." and "The most affectionate feline with the cutest squeak of a meow that melts your heart"

Fearless and in fact keenly, 2 year old Domestic Tabby, Cougar enjoyed his shoot with him in a tub of warm suds.


2 comments:

  1. the cat with the witch hat reminds me of Minerva from Harry Potter xDD a gray cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRFFFFF CAAATSSSS <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 GYAAAAA xDDDDDDD <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 lama tak lukis kucing lawl

    ReplyDelete