Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BARENNNN TAIIIIIIINNNN ☆

や、みんな!ヾ(^∇^) げんきかい?☆

I'm a day late but HAPPY VALENTINES to those who enjoy it with another (family or not), and HAPPY S.A.D day to those celebrating being single proudly haha.

For those who are living in Malaysia, we've all heard of the "Valentine Day Trap" campaign where several Muslim Departments rally together in campaigning against celebrating Valentine's Day for Muslims since they rationalized that it's a Christian based celebration (or in some cases, Greek based) and that it promotes pre-marital sex at the end of the day especially amongst the younger generation. Not to mention, they claim that it's a way for the Christians to pull Muslims into committing sins and embracing Christianity. (I know right ;;; )

As a young Muslim today, I definitely disagree with this. I was initially extremely appauled at the deplorable state of mind these departments have for other religions. I mean c'mon. It's VALENTINES.

Sure, yes, Valentines is based on the Christian priest, St. Valentines but it's to celebrate his love for his religion and the fact that he helped alot of people during his time in prison. Today it's not like people go to churches to celebrate Valentines. And not everyone spend it with their boyfriend or girl friend. (` q `;;) I mean, like I always spend it with friends and family. It's to celebrate our love for each other.

I mean isn't that what Islam is all about too? Love and embracing everyone regardless of who they are? I know at least the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W embraced others regardless of how he was treated. Aren't we taught to exemplify him?

Over all in all I was disappointed on how the departments were portraying Malaysian Muslims. Now people in and out of the country has a certain perception if you're a devoted Muslim. (.__.;;)

REGARDLESS! ♪(ノ´∀`*)ノ I spent Valentines mainly drawing and doing work. Since my parents went out for lunch and all, I kept at my schedule. Oh and also spent time playing with my 3 year old sister ♡

I also took the time to do a quick doodle to relief stress. IT WAS AWESOME! so here be my loot. Featuring Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji II. He's not my favourite but I love love love his designs! Done in a little over an hour with Pens and COPICs. haha it's refreshing to do it in a messy sketchy style ♡


I'm signing off now so see ya in a bit guys! ☆

6 comments:

  1. wow that's a very nice artwork ryuryu! <3 <3

    i somewhat disagree with the reasons of the campaign but somehow i think it's targeted to young unmarried couples who are celebrating the day by sleeping with each other and soon contributing to the endless cases of underage abortions and babies abandonment. it's a very serious issue here, and probably have nothing to do with other religions.

    anyways, Happy Valentine's Day ryuryu, and Salam Maulidur Rasul.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lawl thanks senpai :DD

    yeah though I've seen all the main campaign speeches and ceramahs and they tend to mock and put down Christian figures and whatnot which I don't agree :"/ I'm all for against pre-marital sex but I think they don't have to mock Christianity to do it lawl. it doesn't send out a good image or feelings to people listening :X I notice they tend to make it a Islam vs Christian thing so I disagree with all that >.O;;

    thanks! you too senpai 8DD Salam Maulidur Rasul! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I think you're really talented in creating sexy postures and moods (especially guys) in your illustrations. It's hard to explain but they are sexy! Envied you~ >x<'

    I agree with you on the tendency of mocking other religions part, I find it quite uncomfortable hearing such thing too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY? QvQ SANKYU SENPAI!! That means alot to me to hear it from you <3 I think your girls always ooze sexiness too :DD I like how your girls look like they pop out of those high fashion editorial magazines :9 macam got class like that <3 I oso want to draw girls like dat! 8D

    kan D; I hope people would just get along and say things without adding unnecessary insults ;__; oh well. all in all Valentine's over and all so I hope next year the campaign won't be so bad about putting Christianity down lawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually this is quite an old issue ne, ive heard it since i was in Form 4 or so. Ive heard several arguments regarding why Muslims shouldn't celebrate V-day. What I think is regardless of what you're celebrating, it's based on the reason you're doing it ne, it's not for religious reasons anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah agree agree. just that I heard that a number of couples actually got arrested on Valentines Day and stuff D;

    and like I mention to senpai above, it's more towards the fact of how they present it that I'm not happy about more than anything :"/

    ReplyDelete